The 5 Best Voice Recorders to Buy in 2017
Gone are those days when one used an analog voice recorder. They were bulky, needed cassettes, and did not have the great sound reproduction the modern digital voice recorders give. Here we see the best 5 voice recorders to buy in 2017.
Digital voice recorder features
Digital voice recorders are changing the way we organize and operate. If you have one you could record your thoughts in an instant before they escape you. You can prepare seminars and presentations and make a hit performance with some planning. Your music and speeches will sound great because you have practiced and timed them to perfection. Face it; you have come across poor performances because you did not have a practice session beforehand.
The things to look for in a digital voice recorder are these:
- Quality of the sound
- Memory capacity
- OS compatibility
- Advanced features
Pick of the lot
- EVISTR Mini Digital Voice Recorder Black under $50: This has many useful features and the price is attractive. Having 8 GB memory, the MP3/WAV format on the EVISTR Mini is 384 kbps for 20 hours of continuous recording. But, you can record it at a lower bitrate say 32 kbps for 560 hours.
- Zoom H2n Handy Digital Recorder under $200 (Best): This voice recorder has style and is compact. It gives high-quality output but has very few buttons. The memory capacity is 2 GB, with five recording microphones and four modes of recording. It runs for 20 hours on two batteries. It has features such as Data Recovery and Auto Gain that make it superior to the other models in this price range.
- TASCAM DR-100mkII 2-Channel Portable Digital Recorder under $300: You find plenty of buttons on this model. It has better sound pickup because it has microphones on each side. The improved lifespan is due to the dual battery system. The memory capacity is 2 GB.
- Sony ICDUX560BLK ($74): This voice recorder records in MP3 format and has 4 GB memory. This allows for 159 hours of recording and has good organization space for 5000 files. You can expand the memory to 32 GB. It has a built-in earphone mini-jack and a USB port to transfer files.
- Best microphone – Zoom H1 ($100): To power this you use a single AA battery; it offers 10 hours of continuous usage. It has a tripod mount and a USB slot. This is great to use for meetings, interviews, and class sessions.