Elinchrom D-Lite RX 2
The D-Lite 200W/s RX 2 offers professional and convenience features usually found in flash heads twice its price. Forget about tripping over PC cords. Although this head accepts one, it also has a built-in EL-Skyport Receiver with eight frequency channels that can handle four distinct groups of flashes. The included transmitter not only allows you to trigger your flash at distances up to 393′ but gives you control of power, on/off, modeling light functions and Speed Sync activation. Free software for Mac and PC computers is available, providing additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects. Add an optional Wi-Fi module to the transmitter and you can use specially designed apps that allow full remote control via your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The auto-sensing, multi-voltage D-Lite RX 2 recognizes any AC power source from 90-260VAC, allowing you to use the kit anywhere in the world.
D-Lite 200W/s RX 2 Flash Head
The Elinchrom D-Lite 200W/s RX 2 Flash Head raises the bar on the capabilities of a lightweight, portable strobe. The auto-sensing, multi-voltage flash D-Lite RX 2 recognizes any AC power source from 90-260VAC, allowing power variability over 5.0 stops in 1/10 stop increments. Recycling is a lightning-fast 0.2-0.8 sec. (115V) with flash durations as short as an action-stopping 1/1,200 sec at full power. But that’s just the beginning.
The D-Lite 200W/s RX 2 is packed with professional and convenience features usually found in flash heads twice its price. Although this head accepts one, you won’t need a PC cord. It has a built-in EL Skyport Receiver with 8 frequency channels that can handle 4 distinct groups of flashes. Separate purchase of the EL Skyport ELS Speed Transmitter not only allows you to trigger your flash at distances up to 393′ but gives you control of power on/off, modeling light functions and Speed Sync activation. Free software for Mac and PC computers is available, providing additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects. Add an optional WiFi module to the transmitter and you can use specially designed apps that allow full remote control via your for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
D-Lite 200W/s RX 2’s bayonet mount accepts all Elinchrom accessories and softboxes up to 53″ (135 cm). It comes with a power cord with a U.S. plug, sync cord, flash tube and protective cap. The included 120V 100W modeling lamp must be swapped out when using the unit in nominal 230V electrical environments.
- Basic Features
- Built-in EL Skyport receiver for triggering
- 8 Frequency channels with 4 groups
- Speed Sync mode for synchronization up to a 1/320 sec. on enabled SLR cameras
- Pre-Flash detector system to enable the use of D-Lite RX with speedlights
- Power Auto-dump
- 5V sync socket for maximum protection of digital cameras
- Automatic temperature controlled ventilation
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-260VAC (excluding modeling lamp)
- Lightweight but strong housing. Robust, functional and elegant
- Accessory bayonet accepts all accessories and Rotalux softboxes up to 53″ (135 cm)
- Rubberized large handle with spare fuse storage
- Stand bracket with extra umbrella fitting for larger umbrella shafts
- Radio remote control of flash power settings, modeling lamp on/off, speed sync mode and triggering
- Take full control of your unit’s settings with the optional EL Skyport App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via the optional WiFi module
- Additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects can be accessed via the free EL Skyport Software
- Visual Flash Confirmation option. The modeling lamp comes on to confirm the flash has been triggered and goes off when recycling
- Proportional adjustment of the modeling lamp
- Variable f/stop steps: 1/1, 5/10, 4/10, 3/10, 2/10 or 1/10 steps are available
- Programmable ready beep function
- Firmware update option
Skyport SPEED Transmitter
Using the Elinchrom Skyport SPEED Transmitter you can control basic functions of Elinchrom units such as the BXRI 250/500, Ranger Quadra and D-Lite-it with the built-in ELS Receiver, and Elinchrom RX units to which a Transceiver RX (not included) is attached. To control all RX functions of Style RX, Ranger RX, Ranger Quadra RX (only Ranger Quadra RX with serial numbers from 4001 onwards) and Digital RX from a computer, the USB Transceiver RX 19354/19348 (not included) and the latest EL Skyport software (not included) are required. With this software, additional features are available such as Strobing, Counter and more.
The Skyport remote control system works at distances up to 196′ (60 m) indoors; up to 393′ (120 m) outdoors, and up to 1/250s shutter speed. It can control flashes in 4 selectable workgroups, and there are 8 frequency channels. With 40-bit security, you get interference-free operation.
The Transmitter synchronizes remote flash units when each is fitted with either a “Universal” receiver (not included) that fits all flash brands or the Transceiver RX (not included) fitting Style RX, Digital RX and Ranger RX units or units with EL-Skyport Transceiver built-in (BXRi 250/500 & Ranger Quadra AS). The RX Transceiver also provides control over the power and modeling lamp of all Elinchrom RX flash units, directly from the Skyport Transmitter Speed. This transmitter uses a 3V lithium battery (CR2430).
- SLR camera sync speeds: SPEED mode up to 1/250s, STANDARD mode 1/160 – 1/200s
- 5 selectable trigger modes, (4 Groups + All)
- 8 frequency channels
- 40 bit security encryption
- Up to 60 m range indoors for standard mode and up to 40 m in SPEED mode
- Up to 120 m range outdoors for standard mode and up to 60 m in SPEED mode.
- Battery life up to 6 months–over 30,000 flashes
- RX-feature buttons (Remote Control)
- Test trigger button and feature button
- Integrated hotshoe (middle contact) improved
- SYNC-socket for direct connection improved
- Two flash modes, standard and SPEED
- The “Standard” mode is fully compatible with previous EL-Skyport versions
- The SPEED function is available for Ranger Quadra AS, BXRi 250/500 and D-Lite-it and all other units, when used with the Universal Speed
- Status LED for EL-Skyport mode and battery status
- Improved housing, battery drawer and switches
- New hotshoe with screw-lock
- New extra features; configure EL-Skyport with the new EL-Skyport PC/MAC software 3.0 (not included)