Top 5 DSLR Cameras For Indian Wedding Photography
Indian weddings are spectacular events with umpteen ceremonies taking place over almost a week. The bride and groom are bedecked in finery as are the thousands of family members and friends. There is color everywhere you look at and each tiny moment is deemed to be priceless.
So, naturally the situation demands photographs that not only capture each nuance but also feature the family members along with the happy couple in the best possible manner. Sure, the old age stills have given way to videos yet a skilled photographer who can weave magic with his camera is hard pressed for time at the height of wedding season in India.
Unfortunately, the appreciation of photography is never about cameras in India, the photographer walks away with the kudos. He knows though that choosing the right camera is indispensible for capturing the golden moments that will be lost in a jiffy. He therefore appears at the venue armed with multiple cameras and accessories so that he can make use of a backup plan if required.
The best DSLR cameras that are considered to be perfect for the boisterous and colorful Indian wedding include but are certainly not limited to:-
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III – The compact camera and its image quality along with its amazing layout makes it the top pick of Indian wedding photographers today. The spectacular autofocus function and the boosted IS are equipped to give great results while its shutter life cycle that equals 150,000 clicks together with its big buffer make the ruggedly built camera the perfect companion of a wedding photographer.
- Canon EOS 1 Dx – This one is a full frame camera capable of churning out clean images with no accompanying noise. Clicking wedding photos are a delight with this one as it remains completely functional in low light as well as bright light. The lower resolution sensor of 18MP is not a disappointment as it equipped to create astounding blow-ups with the processing time being exceptionally speedy.
- Canon EOS 6D – This one is slightly less in durability than the contemporary but the wedding photographers prefer it for its light weight that makes it capable of being carried on the person of the photographer. It can capture the color in unique depth and has the capability of being effective in low light as well. Built with a Wi-Fi, this one happens to be resistant to dust and is exceptionally handy when shooting wedding photographs outdoors. It is usually used as a backup camera in India and available at DSLR rental stores in Bangalore and beyond.
- Nikon D800 – Most wedding photographers swear by this full frame camera which can actually be defined as an all-in-one. The image quality, portability, and price make one of the top performing cameras for an Indian wedding. The intricate design and weave of fabrics and jewelry are captured at their best with the aid of this DSLR that gives a fantastic color depth and 14.4 stops of dynamic range. The A/D conversion is of 14 bits that lends a pleasing effect to the details encaptured at the wedding.
- Sony Alpha A99 –This is the most professional camera and considered to be a flagship of Sony. Wedding photographers are ecstatic about this one and have nothing but high praise for its sensor of 24MP is considered to be the highest image quality for a DSLR of full frame.